An imbalance in your hormones may cause PMS, irregular or absent cycles, anovulation, infertility, recurrent miscarriage, endometriosis, skin problems and fibroids amongst others.
What this test measures:
- FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)
- LH (luteinising hormone)
- TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
- Free T4
- T3 – your active thyroid hormone, which is not measured on the NHS.
Who should take this test?
- Any woman who is concerned about her hormones e.g. endometriosis, fibroids, irregular periods, no periods, etc.
- There is a strong connection between the female hormones and thyroid function, so it is important to look at your thyroid hormones which are included in this test.
- We will send you a referral to get the blood taken.
- If you have a cycle your nutritionist will let you know the best time of the month to do the test.
- The test results will be returned to your nutritionist.
- The test results will be interpreted by your nutritionist at the consultation and then a personalised diet and supplement programme will be tailored to your needs.