A blood test for your hormones can be useful for many female hormone problems e.g. PCOS but it is only a snapshot on the day that you take the test. That is why it is also important to know which day of the month you should be testing when you take a blood test to check on your hormones.
It can also be important to look at your hormones across the whole cycle and this can be done easily by collecting saliva samples. By collecting 11 saliva samples across the cycle, this test shows you the relationship and balance of important female hormones across the whole month.
This test also includes the Adrenal Stress Test which measures the hormone cortisol across the day and also checks for melatonin and DHEA
What does the test measure?
This comprehensive saliva tests measures:
Who should take this test?
- Any woman who wants to see the balance of her hormones across a whole cycle
- Women with PMS as this is especially useful to see the relationship of the hormones across the cycle and particularly in the second half.
- For women who are stressed and where it may affect the cycle.
- We will organise for the lab to send you the test kit.
- The test requires 11 samples to be collected across the cycle and frozen.
- Full instructions come with the kit.
- The test results will be returned to your nutritionist.
- The test results will be interpreted by your nutritionist at the consultation and then a personalised diet and supplement programme will be tailored to your needs.